Pocillipora Sweeper/Feeders

  • Thread starter Thread starter PasoFish89
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

PasoFish89

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 1, 2020
Messages
114
Reaction score
90
Location
Paso Robles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The last week or so, I've noticed a purple stylophora looking a little worse for wear on the underside. Theres a tailspot blenny who will ocasionally sleep inside the stylo, so I figured maybe he's wearing it out. Anyway, tonight I was looking at the tank and noticed the pocillipora that sprang up right next to it throw out some feeders or sweepers. I've not noticed this before and don't see much on SPS doing this, kinda interesting. Anyone seen this before? Video below.


 
I cannot see the video but Stylos usually look more bleached and worse on the bottom sides of the coral since it gets less light.
 
I cannot see the video but Stylos usually look more bleached and worse on the bottom sides of the coral since it gets less light.
Shoot, let me see if I can upload the video elsewhere and link it.
 
I cannot see the video but Stylos usually look more bleached and worse on the bottom sides of the coral since it gets less light.


The underside has always been pale but this has suddenly looked worse lately.
 
I have definitely seen pocillopora encroach on stylo territory stinging and killing the stylo where they meet. I have not personally seen sweepers that long from them, but not necessarily surprised.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new