Pod types/question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Justjim
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Justjim

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 28, 2012
Messages
338
Reaction score
28
Location
Berks county PA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I killed off my pod population a few years back when I had "issues". I remember having what looking like potato bugs. Where they mysis? Aren't there bigger pods that can live in a 78 degree reef?
 
Why specifically Amphipods? If you're trying to feed a Mandarin or other Dragonet type fish you want Copepods.

You can look at the sponsor here AlgaeBarn for pods. Personally I have never bought pods, I always get all I need off the rock and frags introduced to the tank. Feed your pods phytoplankton and you'll see a significant increase in the population.
 
I'm actually working on getting copods from algae barn as we speak. I ordered some from them last week and USPS took 5 days to deliver. The pods cooked and sunk on the bottom of the bag. I think they'll send a replacement. But as far as amphipods go, I have some wrasses that would love to have a supply of them. I used to have them years ago and want to restock. I don't trust fellow reefers anymore, so I need to find a cultured supply. I dip everything from friends....
 
Ahh, makes sense.

Sorry I am of no assistance then. And I know about being reluctant getting stuff from acquaintances.

Good Luck
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new