Pods...good, bad or ugly!!!

dowsetts101

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 21, 2017
Messages
206
Reaction score
257
Location
Melbourne, Australia
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, given that I started with RealReef Rock not live rock, I've been a bit worried that I'd miss out on all the action of the life that comes with live rock.

As it turns out (and as per pretty much everyone elses threads!!) I shouldnt have been all that worried.

I think that these have come through on my macro-algae, and I've had a heap of them in my small fuge section in my sump, but they've finally made their way into the display tank.

I'm not even going to try to specifically ID them, but some of the reading that I've done, it sounds like there are thousands of different types.

They look a bit shrimp-like to me, which was one of the comparisons on Melevsreef. (http://www.melevsreef.com/critter/amphipod).

I haven't got any fish in my DT yet (10 more days in QT to go!!!) but I'm guessing having these pods in there already is probably a good thing?

Critters (1 of 2).jpg
Critters (2 of 2).jpg
 
Yes;)
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new