Pohls coral vitalizer

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone use Pohls Coral Vitalizer in there mixed or majority sps, acro reefs?
I've been using it for 4 months now and it definitely did make a difference as far as health and color on all my corals, lps, and especially all acros. Just wondering if anyone else has had any noticeable effects good or bad.

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started using it a few months ago and I would say overall it seems to help. I've used it in both ULNS and a heavy bioload systems. No adverse effects, only positive results Corals are happy.

CoralNerd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It works good, I'm using it and noticed a difference.

You should try KZ Flatworm stop it's great also.

C. Eymann

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used Phols Xtra special before when doing KZ, never used Phols vitilizer, I wonder if it's much different?

Etern1ty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At what time of the day are you guys using it? When the lights are on or during night when the corals open up?

Etern1ty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At what time of the day are you guys using it? When the lights are on or during night when the corals open up?

OP
OP
HB AL

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose it either around 5 in the morning before going to work and/or right after I feed the fish in the evening. Now that this post I originally posted came back up, the date stamp made me aware I've been using it for a year.

OP
OP
HB AL

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and how do you like it looking a year back now?
Well I'm out the door so I just dosed some, almost empty but have one coming on friday. I like it with the amount of fish and corals I have in a pretty simple system it must be working and helping all the corals out. Definitely not gonna stop using it. It definitely doesnt hurt a thing. Heres a couple pics of my current tank.
20200421_173017.jpg

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have the entire line and do use it , applied before lights out
I highly recommend the KZ colors 1-2-3-4 which contain boron, potassium, and other elements for a mixed reef. Also the acro Glow and Amino Acid is good.
BE SURE TO REFRIDGERATE THE VITALIZER.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What differences do you guys see between pohls extra and the vitalizer? I use the extra when my nutrients are lower and it helps bolden colors and the flesh looks a little fluffier if you will. I don’t use it much, and a little goes a long way it seems. How does it compare?

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What differences do you guys see between pohls extra and the vitalizer? I use the extra when my nutrients are lower and it helps bolden colors and the flesh looks a little fluffier if you will. I don’t use it much, and a little goes a long way it seems. How does it compare?
Pohls xtra is trace elements, Pohls xtra special is trace elements and aminos, coral Vitalizer is straight up liquid coral food.

Back