• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

PolandSprings Zoa Growout

mnat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updates this weekend gang with photos. I was away for a couple trips but am now back.

mnat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bowsers are fine, blue lagoons are more than grown out, pink and gold anybody can have right now, they are growing at their annoying rate, I have plenty of rastas for everyone, that is all I can think of off the top of my head. Have to go back over the list of what I got and see. I have a lot of zoa frags, so I make sure to check the bowsers every day or so and look around.

OP
OP
poomba

poomba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any growth on the Bowsers?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mnat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok time for an official update. First off my apologies, after following theses for years and wondering why there are not as frequent updates, I now understand why. You get all ready to go and boom life gets in the way. So here we go:

Bowsers:
I was up to 5 adult polyps (three on one disk, 2 on the other). I fragged the two polyp this weekend and promptly lost them. My apologies but these things just don't seem to frag well. I still have the adult three polyp guy going and I will wait till I feel a bit more lucky.
Here are the remaning heads:
DSC_4387_zps69635c3b.jpg

Shazaams:
I never got shazaams as they died way early in the group buy. However I have them on my own so if you guys want them I can send them one off and will charge way below market for those in the buy:
Here is a terrible pic of them but they are true:
DSC_4404_zps342ba60f.jpg

Rastas:
I think I lost the original frag that I recieved but I have a ton of them so I fragged them up this weekend as well. Weird part of the frag tank so sorry for the terrible pic but you get the idea:
DSC_4406_zps2f29aa63.jpg

Hornet combo:
It looks like I got purples and blues for the group. I have reds which might go with them as well, just have to double check.. They have all managed to grow out and between the frags I have recieved and my own, everyone will get a frag. These will probably be fragged this weekend:
DSC_4396_zps632fd663.jpg

DSC_4397_zps3a8fadb2.jpg

Blue lagoons will be the next under the knife. Bad picture, but these are sweet:
DSC_4392_zpsb87af389.jpg

My clemintines ready to frag:
DSC_4408_zpse69aca5b.jpg

Pink and golds and randoms, I got the pink and golds off my frag rack and onto their own disks. There will be plenty of these so don't worry. I also have some other random zoas in the pics that I am not sure are mine or the groups but will probably get thrown in.
DSC_4395_zpsefdba3c1.jpg

DSC_4400_zpsdfa37fc6.jpg

DSC_4390_zpsfd670296.jpg

DSC_4393_zpsa7d545be.jpg

DSC_4401_zpsc7f764a6.jpg

DSC_4399_zps060251b2.jpg

(Sorry if there are any repeats, just throwing them up from photobucket)

Not pictured: I am 99% sure there was a god of war frag as well, I have to recheck the tank. I have a colony of those so they will also be included.

dwilliams87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome man. Thanks so much. I hope everything works out on those Bowsers, but if not thanks you for trying. A+ guy in my book.

Paul C.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Mike. What a awesome job you are doing for the group. The list of stuff we all will be getting i think is bigger than we all originally planned. For that I and i'm sure the rest of the group thanks you a ton.

Just my opinion here when it comes to the Bowsers. I think we all jumped into this grow out because of the #1- the list of top shelf Zoas for a great price, and #2- The Bowsers. These seem to be very fragile, and have not survived being fragged a several times times before with Greg. I think this grow out could continue for a long period of time, and maybe come to a abrupt end if the whole colony dies. For me personally, I say thanks Mike for taking this over, and for all that your personal pieces that your sharing with the group. Please do not worry about a Bowser polyp for me. Im sure i will come across one at a later date. The gamble for me isn't worth losing such a gem. Thanks again and chat soon.

mnat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First sorry for the lack of updates. My tank days are typically Sundays, but I am a season ticket holder for the NY Giants. They had three home games in a row so tank stuff kind of got pushed back but now that they are eliminated from the playoffs, tank stuff is back on. So we went downstairs and cut some frags today.

This is what I cut, so I will let things heal up a bit and make sure they are healthy. We may lose some things, but I will keep you all updated. I am cutting with a band saw so I am hoping that the fragging goes pretty well. Some frags I was able to clip with fraggin scissors, but the majority of frags are on the plugs they were cut from and then glued onto a new plug. I am rounding down on all the polyp counts to make sure I don't over promise and under deliver.

Pink and golds: You guys will be getting some big frags. Three of them will probably be 15-20 polyps, one is smaller like 5-10 but I will make it up elsewhere. I am not keeping any of these so they will be all out of my tank.
Blue lagoons: We will all be getting like 3-4 polyps here, they cut pretty well
Rastas: You will all be getting rastas, min 3-4 polyps and probably more
Purple hornets: 2 polyps or so each
Pink Hippos: 2 polyps or so each
Blue hornets: 3 polyps or so each

Then I ran out of frag plugs, o I will be going out to buy more. I have a single dedicated frag rack in my frag tank that has become the new GB frag rack to keep them all separate. I will update again when I have cut the others and what the polyp count will be.

As far as the bowsers, still holding steady with no growth. They really are little *******s to deal with.

mnat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frags are looking very nice, about 95% of them are open and happy. If it was not supposed to snow tommorrow I would have gotten more plugs. Looking to cut some more soon, the band saw really is the way to go.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back