Poll: Testing Frequency

  • Thread starter Thread starter dbl
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Water Testing Frequency - even if it's just one parameter!

  • Daily

  • Every Other Day

  • Twice Weekly

  • Once Per Week

  • Every Other Week

  • Once Per Month

  • Only If You Notice a Problem

  • Never


Results are only viewable after voting.
once a week i test for CAL,ALK,MAG,SAL,nitrate and PO4
 
This poll is ambiguous anyway. I have a PH and conductivity meter so technically I test daily. Other wise I spot check if I see issues with my tank in general. Ph is off than I check Alk, if ok then is ph meter out of calibration and so on.
 
Sps tank - daily for alk smoetimes twice daily if i change dosing.
Lps mixed softy maybe weekly
 
Im running Aquaforest as well, do you notice high magnesium? All parameters are very close to what is stated on the card included except my magnesium always seem to be 1450-1525. Need to pick up a second test kit to confirm.
No. I never have to dose mag and the last 2 buckets are in the 1300-1400 range
 
I use to test daily but to chg any parameter just seemed overwhelming an costly. Now I look at what the tank is doing "corals an fish" will state a lot. From there I may test or I can tell what's low our high.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new