Polychaete night time swimmer ID help?

AaronFReef

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 11, 2018
Messages
820
Reaction score
617
Location
Monterey, California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just turned on my moonlight for first time ever while feeding coral about a half hour after full lights out and saw some weird swimming worms for the first time ever. Are these epitokes?

 
Most likely epitokes.. I’ve seen them in my tank after lights out and they tend to swim in a corkscrew like fashion. A picture I caught of one of them

39345275-85F4-421D-AC2C-7F9EEB9E4029.png
 
It was! I captured one and left it in a Petri dish overnight. It was filled with eggs in the morning. Fun things when you keep a reef tank and look in the dark!
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new