Polyclad removal from zoa rock

  • Thread starter Thread starter Claus84
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Claus84

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 10, 2017
Messages
487
Reaction score
304
Location
Redditch, United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I've trapped a few polyclads in my reef over the last 6 months and think I have identified a rock in which I have at least one more but its at too awkward an angle to get the trap close. Handily though it is a rock I can remove with only minor restructuring required BUT it has a fairly large zoa/paly colony on it so I'm wary about exposing it to air for too long, flushing with soda water etc.

I was thinking I might fill a salt tub with tankwater, add heater and pump and do a heavy prazipro dose, anyone tried this for flusing polyclads before?? If so how long should I leave it in there for?

thanks

Nick
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new