Polyp Extension gone after Orange Spotted Filefish

Reckless

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always wanted an Orange Spotted Filefish in my mixed 75 gallon tank, knowing the danger they pose to my SPS. Since I only had 3 mini colonies with a tank mostly full of acans, blastos, torches, and zoas, I figure what's the worst that could happen. Well after quarantining an OSF for 30 day and getting it to eat live brine and Masstick I added it to my tank and it went after my red planet acro the next morning. I guess those long flowing polyps were too temping to pass up. I moved it the next day but the damage was done, my Red Planet and PC Rainbow acro no longer showed any PE but the other two were still out and flowing. I prepared for this so the OSF had a home to go to but it's been 4 months and I still have no PE from those 2 corals. The Red Planet had a sprout of new grow that had some PE and I fragged and it's still doing well.

How long will it take for the polyp extension to return or will it ever? Is there something I can add to help?

My water parameters:

Saliferts test kits
Alk 8.6
Cal 470
Mag 1500

Hana checker
Nitrate - 10.2
Phosphate .13

OP
OP
Reckless

Reckless

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently used Brightwell Aquatics Razor to rid my tank of bubble algae that I've been fighting for years. It worked great but it did cause a spike in my NO3 and PO4 that on average sit at 6.9 and 0.8

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back