Orange Spotted Filefish Eating prepared foods

Reefchik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to give a shout out to Dr Reef! I ordered a pair of orange spotted filefish from affordable aquaria, and was prepared with a full arsenal of acropora, masstick, and a ton of other foods and research to get them converted to prepared foods. They arrived yesterday, were healthy, and are already eating not only Masstick off the rocks already today, but pellets in the water column! I have them by themselves still in my 50 gallon qt with live rock, but I am very encouraged that they are eating so well so soon.

Attachments

• PXL_20240209_001845606.mp4
    29.8 MB

marinesnow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
So awesome! I have a pair on order and can't wait to get them. How are they getting along with your other fish?

OP
OP
R

Reefchik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So awesome! I have a pair on order and can't wait to get them. How are they getting along with your other fish?
They are currently still in isolation/observation in my 50 gal for a few more weeks until I am confident they are healthy and fully trained to eat from the CBB feeder I've been using. I was worried there might end up being too much food competition in my main tank with 3 boisterous tangs, so I want them to have that available at all times just in case

marinesnow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
They are currently still in isolation/observation in my 50 gal for a few more weeks until I am confident they are healthy and fully trained to eat from the CBB feeder I've been using. I was worried there might end up being too much food competition in my main tank with 3 boisterous tangs, so I want them to have that available at all times just in case
Good thinking! Best of luck :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back