Polyp extension

  • Thread starter Thread starter AJsTank
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Might check for red bugs. They tend to limit polyp extension, but don't always affect color if the tank is in good shape

I was thinking about red bugs as well, but I figured the Corals would be stressed. Good info about them not effecting color and growth at times.
 
You have great growth and fantastic color so what is the issue? I know people want the long polyps on their acro... But if they're happy and healthy isn't that what really matters?

Yeah, that's why I pointed that out. I just wasn't sure if it was a problem. Most of my SPS came from Jared Butler and it all has great color. I've been doing this for 14 years, but mainly focused on LPS in the past. I really don't have a ton of experience with SPS other than a few colonies in my old system.
 
I was thinking about red bugs as well, but I figured the Corals would be stressed. Good info about them not effecting color and growth at times.

I haven't noticed Red Bugs, but that obviously doesn't mean I don't have them. What are the best times to look for Red Bugs? I'm not seeing any bite marks anywhere...
 
With a dslr you can't miss them
 

Attachments

  • uploadfromtaptalk1405112819059.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1405112819059.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 128

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new