Polyplab COLORS 200% Coral Amino Acids

gatorbait01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone ever use this amino acid in their sps setup? I have used aquaforest's amino and think it's worthwhile to dose these since I run a relatively low nutrients system. I need to buy another bottle and saw this, but can't really find any info on it.

Screenshot_20230306_110623_Chrome.jpg

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Anyone ever use this amino acid in their sps setup? I have used aquaforest's amino and think it's worthwhile to dose these since I run a relatively low nutrients system. I need to buy another bottle and saw this, but can't really find any info on it.

Following along because I'm in the same boat, but I have a couple of aminos I have utilized and personally like things like Fauna Marin that list out the ingredients. The description for this one is vague, but I was just looking at this product wondering how people's results are.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

I have used this and did not see a whole lot of results but do see great results with Polyp labs Amino which is concentrated.
I use most of aquaforest line and very happy with results and the AF Vitality supplement I dose at night is a performer. I wish they would have more items on sale.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Don't run too low on nutrients. Always have SOME PO4 and NO3 measurable and available. Bouncing around too close to 0/0 will start starving some of your important surface competitors (bacteria, cyano, film algae, etc) allowing dinos to scavenge and spool up. They really favor amino acid supplements too. Ask me how I know :)

OP
OP
G

gatorbait01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't run too low on nutrients. Always have SOME PO4 and NO3 measurable and available. Bouncing around too close to 0/0 will start starving some of your important surface competitors (bacteria, cyano, film algae, etc) allowing dinos to scavenge and spool up. They really favor amino acid supplements too. Ask me how I know 

I don't keep my nutrients at zebutaround 2ppm and p04 at 0.05.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not used that but do use the Polyp Labs Polyp booster which raises phosphates quite a bit along with some RR or reef chili.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 139 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.1%
Back