Pom Pom crab missing his anemones

lilbitreefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 21, 2017
Messages
420
Reaction score
251
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so after a few issues my tank is back into parameters. I have noticed that my pom pom cran is missing his anenomes. I am sure they are dead. I see him waving his claws around like he has his anenomes. Does anyone know how I would be able to get him some new anenomes? HE seems to be growing but I would like him to have some anenomes. Thanks
 
As far as I remember he won't be able to find more in the tank but if there are other pompom crabs he could steal one of theirs and then frag one into 2. He should be fine without them though
 
While my answer probably wont be the best, and not exactly a good one, I have heard if you introduce another pom pom crab, if one is missing the anemones, he will go up to the one with them and steal one to propagate others.
Other than that, I don't know how else he could get them back though.
 
It might find them again, they put them down when they shed and sometimes loose them. You might struggle to buy a replacement but if you can find one they are usually Triactis Producta.
 
My pom pom crab recently molted and I noticed now he had only one pom pom ... albeit a very large and healthy one. Many indicate that he will frag it on his own so that he eventually has two again. I will be watching him and try to report back of that does indeed occur.
 
My pom pom crab recently molted and I noticed now he had only one pom pom ... albeit a very large and healthy one. Many indicate that he will frag it on his own so that he eventually has two again. I will be watching him and try to report back of that does indeed occur.
did he get another?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new