Pom Pom Crab question

Haaps

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 23, 2025
Messages
27
Reaction score
6
Location
Sudbury
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there, so my Pom Pom crab was on my mushroom coral today but under him was this squiggly stuff. Anyone know what it is??
IMG_3543.jpeg
 
Either something fell onto it or its ejecting its guts (I think they are called filaments). They would do this when stressed, for example, after shipping, or something is eating at it or another coral is stinging it, or poor water quality.... something might be happening to stress it out.
 
Either something fell onto it or its ejecting its guts (I think they are called filaments). They would do this when stressed, for example, after shipping, or something is eating at it or another coral is stinging it, or poor water quality.... something might be happening to stress it out.
It was definitely stressed. The pom pom crab was on it and pinching part of it. I confirmed it was indeed the "guts". Pretty sure it's toast now :(
 
It was definitely stressed. The pom pom crab was on it and pinching part of it. I confirmed it was indeed the "guts". Pretty sure it's toast now :(
It’s not. Mushrooms are incredibly resilient. My green hairy mushroom turned from a giant donut
P3262383.jpeg

Into 2 healthy mushrooms
P3300029.jpeg


The pompom may have been stealing some food from it, or just was on it long enough to stress it to the point of spitting out the mesenterial filaments. Either way, it should be fine.
 
Awesome, well fingers crossed! I'm definitely going to wait it out and see.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new