Pom pom crab with peppermint shrimp

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two questions:
1. Will peppermint shrimp eat the pom pom crabs anemone?
2. Can I keep other cleaner shrimp like the skunk cleaner shrimp with a peppermint shrimp?

codycolina707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two questions:
1. Will peppermint shrimp eat the pom pom crabs anemone?
2. Can I keep other cleaner shrimp like the skunk cleaner shrimp with a peppermint shrimp?
I have 2 skunk cleaners and maybe 2 peppermint shrimps 1 for sure other might be dead but the cleaners don't mess with the 1 peppermint I see out everynight

OP
OP
A

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 skunk cleaners and maybe 2 peppermint shrimps 1 for sure other might be dead but the cleaners don't mess with the 1 peppermint I see out everynight
That answers 1 question thank you.

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never kept a pom pom with a peppermint but did with a coral banded shrimp. Had no loses either way. I did experience a bonding of sorts regarding the pom poms. I bought 4. 2 hung out in the display together. The other 2 i thought were lost. But 4 months later found they made to my sump and had been living in my fuge together. I never attempted to sex them to determine if the running away down my overflow was a territorial thing.

OP
OP
A

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never kept a pom pom with a peppermint but did with a coral banded shrimp. Had no loses either way. I did experience a bonding of sorts regarding the pom poms. I bought 4. 2 hung out in the display together. The other 2 i thought were lost. But 4 months later found they made to my sump and had been living in my fuge together. I never attempted to sex them to determine if the running away down my overflow was a territorial thing.
I would be concerned about the peppermint shrimp eating the crabs anemone any evidence of this?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back