Poop? Tentacle? Parasite? Alien?

Mikeskiba86

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 19, 2019
Messages
7
Reaction score
4
Location
Manchester
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apologies for what is probably a really amateur question, but what is this coming from my Duncan? I fed reef roids for the first time today when I came home from work for lunch. Come back 4 or so hours later to see this.......
12c71d4faaf353eaa0fff7efed6a1d7d.jpg
 
Corals expel excess zooxanthellae algae from time to time.
It can be nothing to worry about, if the coral is otherwise healthy.
Or it can be a sign that the coral is stressed and starting to bleach.
 
Thanks for your replies. The corals fine it seems, so nothing to worry about. Just the first time I’d seen it like that [emoji16]
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new