• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Poor management decisions at Algae Barn

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Fulladorn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Algae Barn clearly acknowledges shipping delays on their website via USPS but continues to ship aquatic life via USPS knowing this. It's no surprise that an order that was supposed to be delivered in 2-3 days is going to take well over a week. It's been very clear that USPS has on going delays and many other's have experienced this as well - especially around R2R.

Both UPS and FedEx have been on time in the past month for their deliveries, again well discussed around R2R. Clearly, Algae Barn chooses to save money rather than create return customers (or even exhibit an abundance of care for aquatic life). Many other businesses have shifted to the more expensive options that are required for aquatic life due to these circumstances, it's hard to say Algae Barn has adapted.

The policy that states "Certain orders may be shipped through FedEx or UPS when we determine necessary." clearly means nothing, considering I'm on the other side of the country. If there was ever to be a reason to abide by their own policy, it should be now after acknowledging ongoing carrier issues.

Disappointing from a company that I expected better from.

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We are making every effort to make sure your issue gets resolved, as we discussed on the phone sometimes USPS tracking doesn't update in real time. 2-3 day shipping is entirely normal and it is not a late order. We ask that since we do not ship on Thursdays or Fridays you reach back out to us if your order does not arrive in a timely manner and we would get you taken care of on Monday.

OP
OP
F

Fulladorn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Algae Barn's customer service team has been good - in fact, great compared to others - and I certainly have no complaints for them, the customer service team did not make these shipping decisions.

The issue lies in setting the customer expectation appropriately, regarding shipping in this case. Algae Barn mentions a 2-3 shipping speed with their carrier of choice, USPS, FedEx or UPS. It is Algae Barn's responsibility to manage this expectation accordingly. My point is that Algae Barn acknowledges issues with USPS but continues to use this method, that is where the problem is (there are other options to ship). There are many threads in this topic, and others around R2R that express delays among USPS.

Let me be clear, I am disappointed that there were other options available (that they claim themselves), and after acknowledging delays with USPS, the decision was made to continue with a service that they know can't meet their set expectations. Not every order needs to be shipped via one carrier, the decision can be made based on multiple factors, which in this case was not done (ex. weather & distance).

This is simply my constructive feedback on experiences I've had.

AlgaeBarn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We have orders that were shipped 2 day shipping via FedEx last week and are still in transit as of today. In seeing that we decided that USPS would be the better option. We do apologize your order has not arrived yet and like mentioned previously we will most definitely get you taken care of. ;Happy

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This thread is vendor feedback and has been moved to the appropriate forum. Per feedback forum rules outside comments are not allowed and all have been removed. This thread is for the two parties involved to try and settle any issues. Thank you for the understand.

AlgaeBarn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This thread is vendor feedback and has been moved to the appropriate forum. Per feedback forum rules outside comments are not allowed and all have been removed. This thread is for the two parties involved to try and settle any issues. Thank you for the understand.
Thank you- appreciate it!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back