Poor Man's controller(ish) system (its a very smart wifi strip)

Gaspipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazon product

I love this smart switch. I have 4 of them thanks to @telegraham and below I will list just some of the uses I have found with a tank less than a week old.

1. Set one at my WC station. I have a timer to go ON and 10AM and OFF at Noon. I get alerts when this task is run.
- Even when I make a batch of salt, I can leave the pump running to mix. I know that by noon the next day the pump is off
2. I have 2 currently (3rd will be set up soon) next to my AIO tank.
3. I set up rooms (Water Station and Office)
4. My Return pump, and InkBird are set to ON every day at 10AM.
- This ensures that if something fails, I know those will be back on everyday
5. I have my powerhead to go on/off every 2 hours while acclimating my fish
6. I have a one button "feed mode" and I can tell Siri "Feed Mode"
7. Currently I have my UV sterilizer off, but I have the pump only turn on 30 min a day twice a day to remove stagnate water.
8. I am told that Hydro controller uses this powerstrip. This means if I ever wish to upgrade to a "real" controller I already have powerstrips.

I've only been using this for a week, I'm sure I will figure out a lot more.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The XS starter kit would get you going https://www.coralvue.com/hydros-control-xs-starter-kit . The Control unit separately is $160. You would need a power supply for it which is another $20. The temp sensor is $25. So $200 for the Control unit with a power supply, temp sensor and a wifi power strip would be cheaper. If you pair you strips with the Hydros you would then have to go through the Hydros controller to control them.

OP
OP
Gaspipe

Gaspipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The XS starter kit would get you going https://www.coralvue.com/hydros-control-xs-starter-kit . The Control unit separately is $160. You would need a power supply for it which is another $20. The temp sensor is $25. So $200 for the Control unit with a power supply, temp sensor and a wifi power strip would be cheaper. If you pair you strips with the Hydros you would then have to go through the Hydros controller to control them.

Right, I'm holding off on the controller for now. I have a nano WB MP25 tank and trying to keep it simple. My next task would be ATO/AWC. At that point I hope I am done for a bit in regards to equipment.

telegraham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have the Control 2, and am gifted with intermittent WiFi power bar disconnects. I would not recommend the Hydros for mission-critical tasks.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Control 2, and am gifted with intermittent WiFi power bar disconnects. I would not recommend the Hydros for mission-critical tasks.
I have 4 wifi strips and the wifi feeder and I don't have any issues with the wifi. That said I don't control any of my ATO,AWC or dosing with the wifi strips. I use the drive ports for that.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back