Porcelain crabs

Papasmurf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks,

I'm new to this forum and to marine tanks,although my wife has had them before. But she's never had a Porcelain Crab before. We currently have 2 shrimp and 1 crab. I was wondering about feeding the crab, I've read that there is some sort of liquid filter food you can get for the crab. Has anyone any idea where i could get this from?

Regards

Mick

_Alex_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they are strickly filter feeders and live off of phyto plankton, and different foods that are in the water column. reef chili is a good example of the type of food they eat.

we have had ours for 2 years now, they need proper calcium (380-450), magnesium and iodide to molt properly. regular water changes should provide most everythign they need to molt properly when using a quality salt.

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 to this ^^^^^^

I had 2 of them for about 6 months, and they molted 4 times in that period. They will filter feed and I would target feed them meaty foods as well. Awesome crabs, I just happend to put in a Melanurus Wrasse that had a liking to them. I was very upset to say the least.

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would mix chopped clams with marine cuisine, both types are frozen cubes. I soak them in garlic and feed the tank, but just use a little turkey baster to spot feed.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 70 44.6%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 73 46.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.9%
Back