Porcupine pufferfish

jc sanchez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone !!
Trying to see if this is ich or some sort of bacterial infection.
I have 2 other fishes a trigger and a 6 wrasse none have any signs of anything wrong.
The puffer swims normally eats normally. Also has a small tear in the fin. I have noticed the trigger and him fight before over food. So I don’t know what they do while I’m at work.
100gallon tank
Ph 7.8
Nitrate/nitrite 0
Temp 78
saltlinity 1.025
It is also a fish only tank and I bought all 3 fishes they were in the same tank already.
I also just added some sand yesterday so if the water looks a little murky sorry
Thank you for your help !!

IMG_0809.jpeg IMG_0808.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone !!
Trying to see if this is ich or some sort of bacterial infection.
I have 2 other fishes a trigger and a 6 wrasse none have any signs of anything wrong.
The puffer swims normally eats normally. Also has a small tear in the fin. I have noticed the trigger and him fight before over food. So I don’t know what they do while I’m at work.
100gallon tank
Ph 7.8
Nitrate/nitrite 0
Temp 78
saltlinity 1.025
It is also a fish only tank and I bought all 3 fishes they were in the same tank already.
I also just added some sand yesterday so if the water looks a little murky sorry
Thank you for your help !!

IMG_0809.jpeg IMG_0808.jpeg

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

I don't see ich on this fish - no small spots on the fins or body. The white areas could well be from injuries - and you've seen some issues with the trigger, so I would worry about that.

What species of triggerfish do you have?

Jay

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

jc sanchez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

I don't see ich on this fish - no small spots on the fins or body. The white areas could well be from injuries - and you've seen some issues with the trigger, so I would worry about that.

What species of triggerfish do you have?

Jay
As I got home I found him chasing my puffer yup it’s him that’s the problem I believe :/ I have a qt tank 60 gallons his a small trigger I’ll have to move him in there in the mean time. Is there anything i can do to have him back in the tank or probably not
He’s tiny
I put him in a breeder box rn I’m cleaning the qt currently

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 28
Upvote 0

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I got home I found him chasing my puffer yup it’s him that’s the problem I believe :/ I have a qt tank 60 gallons his a small trigger I’ll have to move him in there in the mean time. Is there anything i can do to have him back in the tank or probably not
He’s tiny
Depends on the kind of trigger. Some are cool some are not, need to know the kind to say! Welcome to r2r

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

jc sanchez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you pleasure to be
Depends on the kind of trigger. Some are cool some are not, need to know the kind to say! Welcome to r2r
thank you pleasure to be here been following a long for some time now thought I’d make a account the trigger fish I have is a Undulate Triggerfish. I do find it odd that he doesn’t fight with the red shrimp that doesn’t make sense
He will have to be in this tank for one more night hopefully he doesn’t mess with him. Did a water change on the qt want the salt to have some time to dissolve for the night and in the morning he will go in. Was going to leave him in the box but it’s too small for him and Idk if it would be okay don’t have dividers if not I would :/
IMG_0822.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He’s tiny

Undulatus are one of the meanest of all triggers, even when they are small. I stopped getting them because of that.....

Jay

Upvote 0

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you pleasure to be

thank you pleasure to be here been following a long for some time now thought I’d make a account the trigger fish I have is a Undulate Triggerfish. I do find it odd that he doesn’t fight with the red shrimp that doesn’t make sense
He will have to be in this tank for one more night hopefully he doesn’t mess with him. Did a water change on the qt want the salt to have some time to dissolve for the night and in the morning he will go in. Was going to leave him in the box but it’s too small for him and Idk if it would be okay don’t have dividers if not I would :/
IMG_0822.jpeg
Thats a devil trigger!!! Undalauted. Dont play well with other fish at all. Beautiful, I want one of these but need to get a separate tank for him, but attack everything and murder fish. Either him or other fish. @vetteguy53081 has some horror stories about these!

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
He’s tiny
The puffer appears to have bite marks and while gorgeous, the undulted has teeth and will use them. They are by far the nastiest trigger ive encountered and the only fish to take a bite at me and removed skin off my finger. They get large also (easy 10" or more) and is not regarded as a community fish, even with other triggers.

Upvote 0

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 76 35.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 67 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back