Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so my porcupine puffer has not ate in a week.. ive tried

fresh and cook mussels
fresh and cook claims, including shells and no shells
fresh shrimp
ghost shrimp
brine shrimp
my diy bleand of squid,clams,mussels shrimp and octo.

all foods listed are soaked in vit c, vit m, selcon, and entice. fish tear it up when its feeding time. he goes and smels or sniffs it then swims away. very odd

he looks normal, no sunken belly or any other noticable external problems... his still chuncky and healthy looking.. not sure whats up.. im wondering if he has starting eating at night. thoughts?

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

fresh and cook mussels
fresh shrimp
ghost shrimp
brine shrimp

all foods listed are soaked in vit c, vit m, selcon, and entice. fish tear it up when its feeding time. he goes and smels or sniffs it then swims away. very odd

he looks normal, no sunken belly or any other noticable external problems... his still chuncky and healthy looking.. not sure whats up.. im wondering if he has starting eating at night. thoughts?
Kind of odd for a porc to go on hunger strike. I know mine is constantly swimming in front of tank begging to be fed. While they are nocturnal by nature I don’t think that this is always true in captivity at least not with mine. Anyhow assuming water parameters are in check it’s definitely a mystery. Have you tried krill? I know as well as anybody that it shouldn’t be a staple in their diet but that’s how I got mine to start eating upon introduction the tank. How are your water parameters? Hopefully you get it figured out or he decides to start acting like a puffer again lol.

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

fresh and cook mussels
fresh shrimp
ghost shrimp
brine shrimp

Possibly constipated, needs a good pooh, try just plain food without adding extra vitamins

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 61 40.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 43 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back