Portable RODI station.

Roy 9121

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to set up a portable RODI system. So I'd like to get some ideas from you all on how to do it. Would also love to see some pictures of what you have done. Thanks.

cwalton00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This might not be what you're after but, I just use a 4 stage BRS filter that sits under my bath room sink. When I need to make water I throw buckets in the bath tub and run the lines over to fill them.

BlueCursor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what you mean by "portable". You need to be connected to a water source and a drain, so that eliminates moving the RO unit around.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep my hybrid BRS / Spectrapure unit portable. It resides in a crate in a closet until needed. I have quick connect ball valves installed on either end to keep the unit full with water as to not dry out the filters when not in use. When it's time to use, I connect it to my faucet adapter in my sink, flush the membrane, DI bypass for 5 minutes, then start making water.

OP
OP
Roy 9121

Roy 9121

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what you mean by "portable". You need to be connected to a water source and a drain, so that eliminates moving the RO unit around.
I've heard of ways to use a portable trash can(with wheels) to set up a portable water station. You roll it out and hook it up when you need it. just trying to figure out the best way to do it

cwalton00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep my hybrid BRS / Spectrapure unit portable. It resides in a crate in a closet until needed. I have quick connect ball valves installed on either end to keep the unit full with water when not in use. When it's time to use, I connect it to my faucet adapter in my sink, flush the membrane, DI bypass for 5 minutes, then start making water.

I like the ball valve idea. I might add them to the end of my lines to stop the dripping.

airwaterice

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to set up a portable RODI system. So I'd like to get some ideas from you all on how to do it. Would also love to see some pictures of what you have done. Thanks.
How much water are you needing to make at one time/day? Air water & ice has a few great solutions for you.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is very simple. The rodi is in a box in the garage. I get it out and make about 30 or so gallons twice a month.
It's about 90min per 5 gal.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what i need.
It's totally over simplified.
If it's cool out I do it outside or just in the kitchen.
The only trick is finding the right side plastic container.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use an extra long plastic milk crate that they sell for storing things to college kids before school starts.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.2%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 83 48.5%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 53 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back