point of sale next purchase profilux 4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Michael Curtis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so prob a simple question but

I'm looking into the whole controller option and really liking the look of the profilux 4 eco system

What I'm tring to work out is if i use the ecotech brake out box will this control all the ecotech range or is it primarily just for the wavemakers?

Just part of my upgrade plans is 2 x mp40s and 2 x s2 sump pumps and really would be helpful to be able to control the lot though one system and have the backup of the reef link.

tdhnry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Profilux with the use of a Vortech-Controller can only control the Vortech (wavemaker) pumps. The Vectra's can't be controlled by the Profilux.

OP
OP
Michael Curtis

Michael Curtis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks tdhnry

Dam shame really was hoping it would be able to have some control or monitoring capability as I can see it only being a coding issue for then the physical connection problem

I did read whilst searching the web about there being a partnership between the 2 company's but am assuming there going to push there own system more or due to the new nature of the s2 etc its not been worked out yet ( prob the first though)

Its not deal braker as such as like the adaptability of the ghl over the apex system having been using seneye and found it a bit pointless in the end

Shame there's no way to connect the ghl to the reeflink direct and piggyback back from there seeing as it would then just need to read the network output direct ( point of sale hint to ghl ) seeing as most who go ecotech will have the reeflink.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shame there's no way to connect the ghl to the reeflink direct and piggyback back from there seeing as it would then just need to read the network output direct ( point of sale hint to ghl ) seeing as most who go ecotech will have the reeflink.

Thats why they are getting rid of the reeflink. I suspect no company is going to bother make a module and write code for a device that is being phased out. Only three companies that I know of have modules for Ecotech, that would be Neptune, GHL and Aquatronica. None of them work on the Vectra and I assume it's because they encrypted the data. It would probably be very easy to decrypt the data and update the current modules to work with it but the moment you do that your now breaking the law. So unless some DIY guy does a firmware mod I don't see it happening.

OP
OP
Michael Curtis

Michael Curtis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have to agree

I know they all want to push there own system and control system to run them but would be nice if they had a local access point for add on I cant see how that would be breaking any law if its in conjunction with the equipment manufacture

plus the reason you or I as a consumer would buy a controller / computer is to monitor and adjust prams and give a better control or warning of potential issues before they happen

its not imposable when you think about things like smart home products who ever makes it, its all about integration and most use a standard protocol based on the Linux o/s using a tcpip or Bluetooth adapter

also seneye released parts of the code to allow developers to build there own system independently even tough it don't give you access to there cloud servers.

as I said its not deal killer but surely you could almost have a login with in the GHL web utility to give it access to other web based systems for a more integrated approach like when you signup to R2R you have the option to sign in with facebook and have to agree to give it limited access to your account.

if you need to do anything major then by all mean they can insist you use there interface but just the ability to see what you pumps and lights are doing in terms of flow, mode, light setting ect real time of a single interface but still have that level of radiancy of a single click login back to the manufacture system.

ok bit of a long ramble but I like to debate things lol

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick update. Ecotech announced that they are going to add both Vectra and Vortech pumps to their Mobius app. So perhaps this will open up the framework for more accessibility / connectivity to both GHL and Apex. It would be great if all of the manufacturers could agree upon a standard communications protocol rather than trying to create "closed" ecosystems.

Koen Vervaeke

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so prob a simple question but

I'm looking into the whole controller option and really liking the look of the profilux 4 eco system

What I'm tring to work out is if i use the ecotech brake out box will this control all the ecotech range or is it primarily just for the wavemakers?

Just part of my upgrade plans is 2 x mp40s and 2 x s2 sump pumps and really would be helpful to be able to control the lot though one system and have the backup of the reef link.
If it’s just monitoring the vectra, perhaps you can install a GHL flow meter instead, or do you also want to control the pump?

OP
OP
Michael Curtis

Michael Curtis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was hoping to be able to control them but flow meters are an option that might be worth looking into.

Plus the fact the the new version of both mp and s2 seem to be Bluetooth not WiFi ( unless there both ) means the ghl pprobably won't control them anyways.
But thanks for the idea

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 68.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back