GHL compatible "controllable" in-tank pumps instead of the Ecotech MP's

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

BigAl07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm jumping back into the "Salty World" after a 10 year break and LOTS of things have changed. I'm still catching up but one thing I've not found is an Ecotech MP replacement that IS controllable within the GHL EcoSystem. I know Ecotech was "sort of" controllable for a while but they locked that loophole down so Ecotech is no longer an option.

So what are others using instead of MP 10's, 40's, 60's inside the tank that IS controllable from the Profilux system now? I really don't want to add another Ecosystem to the tank if I can avoid it.

Allen in NC

Cali9dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm jumping back into the "Salty World" after a 10 year break and LOTS of things have changed. I'm still catching up but one thing I've not found is an Ecotech MP replacement that IS controllable within the GHL EcoSystem. I know Ecotech was "sort of" controllable for a while but they locked that loophole down so Ecotech is no longer an option.

So what are others using instead of MP 10's, 40's, 60's inside the tank that IS controllable from the Profilux system now? I really don't want to add another Ecosystem to the tank if I can avoid it.

Allen in NC
You could get some octo pulse 4’s (or 2’s) and a hydros wave engine and control via 0-10v port. Or just use the hydros. Added bonus is the wave engine gets rid of your power bricks too…so if you need 4 pumps get a hydros wave engine v2 and you only will use one outlet and you can use the P4 to control. I personally just use the hydros to control….but 0-10v is still an option with this combo.

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on the hydros wave engine. Easy to use, and gives you all the options you need.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.5%
Back