Controlling ecotech MP40s and Radions with ProfiLux?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took 4 years off from the hobby and am about to jump back in! :) I notice the old GHL controller/box doesn't work with vortech anymore and was wondering if anything has changed in the last 4 years? Can I program my lights and MP40s with GHL? Or are people just using ecotech Mobius instead? (I assumed since Apex is able to interface with them, GHL would be as well)

Side question: Ion Director still isn't out? I thought after 4 years auto-detectors would be all the rage... I'm not seeing a lot of new stuff in that space :(

But anyway, I'm excited to jump back in!! 2024 is going to be a great year for reefing! :)

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You can use Mobius or the MXM with an Apex to control Ecotech stuff. Neptune, Ecotech, AI, and Bulk Reef Supply are all under one umbrella now. GHL can’t directly control Ecotech equipment AFAIK

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use Mobius or the MXM with an Apex to control Ecotech stuff. Neptune, Ecotech, AI, and Bulk Reef Supply are all under one umbrella now. GHL can’t directly control Ecotech equipment AFAIK
The only way would be a 0-10v DIY bluetooth interface that skipped mobius and talked directly to the MP40s. I think a few have fiddled with it. But that doesn't meant that Ecotech won't find a way to lock that down too.

I would LOVE to have MP10s in my system but there is no way I am buying into that ecosystem. As much as I loathe the GHL dashboard, there is nothing that I like about Mobius or Apex.

nvcheeko

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have MP10s Connected, got the vortech controller connected to PAB then, Then the MP10 Synced to it and it popped up on GHL, Only mod i did is buy RF module for the Vortech.

Its great it goes into feed mode when i want it to , Below is example of my setup
1704775567800.png

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This only works for old MP10s that don’t have Mobius firmware.

nvcheeko

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This only works for old MP10s that don’t have Mobius firmware.
Yes i would agree as i needed to get RF module and put them in them, But worked first go i guess Ecotech locked it down when Morbius came out.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes i would agree as i needed to get RF module and put them in them, But worked first go i guess Ecotech locked it down when Morbius came out.
I don't think there is anything to agree or disagree about. The "old" RF modules are no longer available and the "old" MP10s are hard to find. So GHL control is no longer available unless you find really old hardware that is still working.

I was just trying to put context to your post so that people would not get excited that there is a new solution or option to control the MP10s, when in reality there is not.

Along those lines - it would be trivial for somebody to use some basic tools (an oscilloscope) to read the control lines going to the dry side and use the information to build their own controller. I suspect trying to sell it would generate some nasty correspondence with Bertram's lawyers, but could be wrong.

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 90 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back