Possible baby shrimp???

Nikio318107

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so I’m pretty sure I just found a baby shrimp in my tank. I was cleaning some algae off a zoa and afterwards there was like 7-10 pods In the little cup I put the frag in but this one guy just really looked different to me. It had 4 antenna(from what I could see) and it moved exactly like a shrimp. I only have 3 types of shrimp in my tank. Pistol(which I have 2) cleaner(I HAD 2) and one peppermint. I know it’s kind of hard to tell through my phone camera and maybe I’m bugging and it’s just a pod but my tank is LOADED with pods and I’m like 90% sure it wasn’t a pod. Any ideas?

kjkszpj9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In most cases thats just a regular mysis shrimp, if you keep it in some small container and check if it grows bigger or something its not a mysis i think

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Def mysis. I have thousands in my tank. Great biodiversity and free fish food. Dose some phyto every once in a while to help feed them and you will soon have many.

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a video I took at night which shows them. This is just one section of an 8 ft tank so they are all over. During the day I see absolutely none.

Attachments

• IMG_0644.MOV
    46.8 MB

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back