Ruby Red Dragonette feeding

Cheems

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So petco is running their 25% off all saltwater aquatic life and I picked up a red dragonette. I’ve been thinking about getting a mandarin for a while but I wasn’t sure I was ready to take on the challenge. I added her to my 10g+5.5g sump setup that’s been going for months. I added pods and phytoplankton for the pods to feed on.

I decided quarantining her was more of a risk than help due to the only inhabitants being a couple clowns added earlier this week.

I am wondering what’s the best way to feed her? I obviously bought pods and am going to attempt to hatch some brine shrimp for her but I’ve just heard so many things about them being difficult to feed. Does she need to be in a bigger thank? I have a 75g but it’s running in hypo

Also will the 4 peppermint shrimp in here be competition for pods? They can easily be moved if they will be as I have several other tanks. They could even go in the sump

Inhabitants:
2 black storm clowns
4 peppermints
1 red dragonet

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I bought mine the LFS say it ate frozen food. I still added copepods to make sure there would be food. I have no idea what it eats, but it’s belly is round and full so I’m not worried.

I’ll just keep adding two bottles of reef nutrition pods once in a while.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I add reef nutrition pods to my 65g DT weekly for Manny. He also nibbles frozen and ova roe eggs. Yours will do much better in the larger tank.

OP
OP
C

Cheems

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I bought mine the LFS say it ate frozen food. I still added copepods to make sure there would be food. I have no idea what it eats, but it’s belly is round and full so I’m not worried.

I’ll just keep adding two bottles of reef nutrition pods once in a while.
Hmm ok, I will see if she will eat frozen foods or baby brine and gauge from there what I need to do. If she decides she likes frozen or easier types of food than just copepods I will see if I can keep her in this tank but if not, once it’s out of hypo she will go in the 75
I add reef nutrition pods to my 65g DT weekly for Manny. He also nibbles frozen and ova roe eggs. Yours will do much better in the larger tank.
Interesting, I will see if she will try that if she doesn’t like the other foods I will offer her that

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm ok, I will see if she will eat frozen foods or baby brine and gauge from there what I need to do. If she decides she likes frozen or easier types of food than just copepods I will see if I can keep her in this tank but if not, once it’s out of hypo she will go in the 75

Interesting, I will see if she will try that if she doesn’t like the other foods I will offer her that
They may nibble other foods but pods will always be their first choice

OP
OP
C

Cheems

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They may nibble other foods but pods will always be their first choice
Yeah, I’m mostly worried about the peppermint shrimp eating all the pods before she can get to them because it’s a smaller tank, though it has a sump to cultivate pods

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 25 34.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 18.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back