Possible cause for white tips and slight stn

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 19, 2019
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,049
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I just noticed in my nano reef that the new branches coming off my acros are very pale and one acro appears to be having some slight stn. I want to jump onto the issue before it is worse.
I reduced feeding due to a cyano issue and now I think that is what is causing issues with my acropora.

My parameters as of right now are
Salinity 1.026
Temp 76
Alk 7.4
Calcium 420
Nitrates less than maybe .5ppm could be lower. Barley visible looking at the salifert test in low range view.
Phos .03
Mg 1230

Attached are some photos. I may be seeing nothing. Better safe than sorry

20250401_201453.jpg 20250401_201410.jpg 20250401_202526.jpg 20250401_202504.jpg 20250401_202446.jpg
 
Mag pretty low, not sure if thats it though
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new