Possible HLLE?

Ruckus16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this tomini for about a week and I'm beginning to notice a white line down it's side. Curious what some of you think. He is eating like a pig and I have been adding garlic to his food. I have selcon on the way....
20180419_204555.jpg

Huff747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Zoecon is made specifically to help treat MHLLE. Lots of Omega3 fatty acids that are good for your fish:

Screen Shot 2018-04-19 at 7.42.13 PM.png

Is Zoecon better than Selcon? Something I should use in addition to? When I got my yellow tang in, it was pretty rough, skinny, lympho, and what looked like the beginnings of hlle. The lympho is gone, he’s much fatter and a jerk but the hlle has gotten worse. Not running Carbon, checked for voltage, but he is currently going through copper treatment if that could exacerbate things. I’ve been using selcon and they get nori daily.

Picture from when he arrived:
2D87C83E-475B-4434-86C6-51DDE87C6CC5.jpeg

More recent picture, much thicker but hlle seems worse:
67C7BF0E-EB5A-45E8-9306-8E16DA48FC9F.jpeg

Last edited:

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't say that Zoecon is "better" than Selcon, which I use a lot, every day in my tank. But it is formulated to help with HLLE.

Gweeds1980

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's his diet apart from selcon and garlic (which id stop if he's eating well... clear links to liver damage).

Plenty of fresh seafood and fresh seaweed (or nori if not available). Soak nori in the selcon or just add omega 3 capsules. HLLE is relatively easy to stop, but difficult to reverse.

Huff747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I feed a variety, mysis, rods foods, spirilla brine, all with some selcon. Just kind of depends on what I pull out that day. This morning it was some spirilla brine and rods herbivore blend. Haven’t used garlic. And they get nori everyday rubberbanded to a frag plug because they don’t seem to like it up on the clip on the glass. Haven’t seen fresh seaweed in my shopping, and they don’t seem to like the nori sold in supermarkets for humans that’s cheaper. They only seem to like the nori sold in the petstores that they charge more for in smaller quantities, although they don’t seem to care for Juilian’s seaweed either. I’m in the office so I can’t recall the exact brand of nori off hand but seems to be the common one at fish shops and the chain stores.

Gweeds1980

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed a variety, mysis, rods foods, spirilla brine, all with some selcon. Just kind of depends on what I pull out that day. This morning it was some spirilla brine and rods herbivore blend. Haven’t used garlic. And they get nori everyday rubberbanded to a frag plug because they don’t seem to like it up on the clip on the glass. Haven’t seen fresh seaweed in my shopping, and they don’t seem to like the nori sold in supermarkets for humans that’s cheaper. They only seem to like the nori sold in the petstores that they charge more for in smaller quantities, although they don’t seem to care for Juilian’s seaweed either. I’m in the office so I can’t recall the exact brand of nori off hand but seems to be the common one at fish shops and the chain stores.
Sorry, OP said you'd been adding garlic... good that you hadn't btw. All good foods, I'd try to up the omega 3 levels wherever possible as that really seems to help halt HLLE.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back