Possible ICH in DT

fugetaboutit05

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive done the reading, and ive looked through the forums here, i believe i have an outbreak of ICH in my DT. However there are some variables that i was looking for answers to just because i didnt see anything that answered these 2 questions in anything ive read so far.

1. Does ICH appear one day then disapear the next, only to reapear a day or two later. but then disapear again?

2. Micro bubbles, can they be mistaken for ICH. If no, thn is there another fish disease that would fit the criteria for ICH, but show the symptoms of question 1?

Other than the physical appearance of ICH, the fish are not exhibiting any of the signs that accompany an ICH diagnosis. The physical signs appeared approx 5 days ago, and i have a QT to treat the affected fish in. however i didnt want to stress the fish out unnecessarily if the treatment wasn't needed.

I have a skimmer on the tank that does create a storm of micro bubbles here and there.

i know pics would help greatly, but im in the process of upgrading all devices(phones,laptop,ipad,) so image files are currently unavailable right now until the tech gets up and running for file transfers and uploading. Any feedback is greatly appreciated, if im going to be treating the fish i would be starting this weekend.

DT has 3 NEMS and other small inverts in there, treatment of DT through conventional methods are not an option.

nezw0001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had ICH signs appear and disappear with no issues to the otherwise healthy fish but can't comment on the micro bubble part.

Treatment is best accomplished by removing the fish from the DT and treating them in a hospital tank set up.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive done the reading, and ive looked through the forums here, i believe i have an outbreak of ICH in my DT. However there are some variables that i was looking for answers to just because i didnt see anything that answered these 2 questions in anything ive read so far.

1. Does ICH appear one day then disapear the next, only to reapear a day or two later. but then disapear again?

2. Micro bubbles, can they be mistaken for ICH. If no, thn is there another fish disease that would fit the criteria for ICH, but show the symptoms of question 1?

Other than the physical appearance of ICH, the fish are not exhibiting any of the signs that accompany an ICH diagnosis. The physical signs appeared approx 5 days ago, and i have a QT to treat the affected fish in. however i didnt want to stress the fish out unnecessarily if the treatment wasn't needed.

I have a skimmer on the tank that does create a storm of micro bubbles here and there.

i know pics would help greatly, but im in the process of upgrading all devices(phones,laptop,ipad,) so image files are currently unavailable right now until the tech gets up and running for file transfers and uploading. Any feedback is greatly appreciated, if im going to be treating the fish i would be starting this weekend.

DT has 3 NEMS and other small inverts in there, treatment of DT through conventional methods are not an option.
It is very common for Cryptocaron/ marine ich trophonts to come and go on the fish as the infection starts up. Ich has a pretty consistent life cycle, and when the infection is first beginning, the parasites are all in sync. As the infection advances, the spots become more numerous and become out of sync. At that point, the fish need to be treated with copper in a treatment tank.
Regarding the air bubble idea, can’t say without pictures, but bubbles are shinier. Any individual spot that stays in the same place on the fish for longer than about 36 hours isn’t ich either.
Jay

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back