Possible ich on clown?

mizimmer90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw a white spot on one of my clowns a couple days ago and noticed it's getting bigger. Looks like ich but curious to others opinions? It doesn't look super big but I don't want to let it get out of hand if there's something I can do now.

20231007_160159.jpg

I am running a nano tank but put in a small UV sterilizer and am considering buying a reef safe ich treatment. Anyone try the polyplab medic treatment?

OP
OP
mizimmer90

mizimmer90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks more like the result of an injury to me. Any other fish with it?

She's paired with a smaller submissive male. Then there's a lawnmower blenny and a yellow watchman goby, both of whom keep to themselves.

Her anemone is in the crevice of a rock, so maybe she's smacking herself by accident? Hopefully that's less of an issue than ich!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Saw a white spot on one of my clowns a couple days ago and noticed it's getting bigger. Looks like ich but curious to others opinions? It doesn't look super big but I don't want to let it get out of hand if there's something I can do now.

20231007_160159.jpg

I am running a nano tank but put in a small UV sterilizer and am considering buying a reef safe ich treatment. Anyone try the polyplab medic treatment?
Dont think its ich and not convinced its injury or bacterial. Can you post same pic under white light intensity?
As for ich safe, there really is no effective reef safe that is effective, Medic is peroxide salt based and is hit and miss and at $40, you want to in the future consider Coppersafe or hyposalinity .

OP
OP
mizimmer90

mizimmer90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont think its ich and not convinced its injury or bacterial. Can you post same pic under white light intensity?
As for ich safe, there really is no effective reef safe that is effective, Medic is peroxide salt based and is hit and miss and at $40, you want to in the future consider Coppersafe or hyposalinity .

Tried for about 20 minutes to get a good pic but it's tough because she won't stop moving even for a second lol. Here's my best attempt today, but I think it's actually looking a little better!

20231008_115000.jpg

I'm noticing a little something (very tiny white dot) on the other clown in the same spot.

If not ich, injury, or bacterial, what else would cause a little white dot to appear?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back