Possible ID on this Bad Larry

BiGGiePauls33

YT/GreatBeardedReef and IG/GreatBeardedReef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A friend bought this as a bounce and couldn't remember the name of it this past year. It never bounced under his halides and gave it to me to see what it would do under a radion xr15g4 pro. Here's a picture of it after a few months in my tank. Was wondering if this is a "Bounce" and if so, what's its name. Haven't really been able too ID anything remotely close to it. Couple of pics.

IMG_20191128_124643.jpg

IMG_20191128_124723.jpg

MixedFruitBasket

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, pretty sure it's a Yuma. I think true "bounce" mushrooms are all rhodactis not sure.

BamboozleBean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah pretty sure bounces are Rhodactis.
It looks cool though, Ricordea Florida and yumas have those bumps on them.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yours has a discoma look to it. Also, ricordea are not the only mushrooms that can develop large vesicles known as bouncing.

MixedFruitBasket

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yours has a discoma look to it. Also, ricordea are not the only mushrooms that can develop large vesicles known as bouncing.

No doubt. But my understanding was "true" bounce are rhodactis. Mainly because the feature is far more common in Yuma.

NanoDJS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is not a real lava lamp yuma, its a disco ,as for the disco lava lamp not sure when or who how that happened , but there is only one lava lamp mushroom they are Yuma's and almost all melted out of existence , I am one of the only people I know who successfully aquaculture's them, and they are some crazy shroomz . Its "bouncing" cause you had it under radions. It is not a bounce mushroom either, as mentioned those are all rhodactis . here is a colony of Lava Lamps
Lavalamp.jpg

TheShrimpNibbler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is not a real lava lamp yuma, its a disco ,as for the disco lava lamp not sure when or who how that happened , but there is only one lava lamp mushroom they are Yuma's and almost all melted out of existence , I am one of the only people I know who successfully aquaculture's them, and they are some crazy shroomz . Its "bouncing" cause you had it under radions. It is not a bounce mushroom either, as mentioned those are all rhodactis . here is a colony of Lava Lamps
Lavalamp.jpg
Those are gorgeous! Do you know where I could find some?

NanoDJS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you that is my mother colony going on 20 yrs the big guy on bottom is over 4 " I currently have 2 mounted and rtg , a baby like 1 yr 1" or so and a full grown mama 3 - 4 yrs old around 2.5-3" . I also do not cut my shrooms they are all grownout budlets, Yumas dont split that I have ever seen. Shoot me a PM , I have ALOT of diff crazy shrooms / corals. I am down to trade !

OP
OP
BiGGiePauls33

BiGGiePauls33

YT/GreatBeardedReef and IG/GreatBeardedReef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An excerpt from the original person who had it " It’s some form of discoma. I had a mother that had wild bounces like an OG Bounce that looked highlighter green under blues. Sent it to a bunch of people and never got an accurate name".

NanoDJS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An excerpt from the original person who had it " It’s some form of discoma. I had a mother that had wild bounces like an OG Bounce that looked highlighter green under blues. Sent it to a bunch of people and never got an accurate name".
Yes I agree , and its friggen beautiful ! Once you trade it to a vendor it will get a name , quick think of one now. Im down to trade someday if you get babies.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 78 79.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.1%
Back