Possible RTN?

Sdoutreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 4, 2013
Messages
1,173
Reaction score
453
Location
Idaho
What state or country do you live in
Idaho
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my acro colonies seems to have RTN. It is only on 2 of the branches, about half way up, and has been like this for 2 days now. I hasn't spread at all to the rest of the colony or more up the branch. Should I frag the whole colony? Or since it hasn't spread do you think i'll be ok?
 
I would frag a 1'' piece in case of the whole colony rtning. You can try super glue I heard it works never tried it thought
 
I'd frag it. Superglue has worked for me in the past…but I've had much better results using glue on frags and less than stellar results on colonies. Try to figure out whats causing the STN. Any parameters out of whack?
 
It seems to be spreading slowly. The two branches that are affected have about 3/4 of an inch left that havent been touched. It hasn't spread to any other parts of the colony... yet. I tested my Alk today and it was pretty low.. around 6.0ppm-5.8ppm(salifert).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new