Possible to have too many sea cucumbers?

ApoIsland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
120g display and 40g sump mixed reef going for about 10 years. Went from only having 1 tiger tail sea cucumber for 5-6 years to having at least 8 that I can count now.

1) What is the most amount of sea cucumbers you have found in your tanks?

2) Other than the big picture stuff of too many nutrients in my tank fueling their growth, is there any detriment to having 8-10 tiger tails in a 120g tank?

Thank you.

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Tiger Tail in the home aquarium will max out somewhere around 12" to 18" long. General rule is to keep up to 3 inches of worm for every 20 gallons of aquarium water. Do they have enough waste to eat?

OP
OP
ApoIsland

ApoIsland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Tiger Tail in the home aquarium will max out somewhere around 12" to 18" long. General rule is to keep up to 3 inches of worm for every 20 gallons of aquarium water. Do they have enough waste to eat?
Thanks for the info!! I would imagine since they are reproducing and are fairly large they have enough food. I have not run a skimmer or any other mechanical filtration for the last 8 years or so.

Is the general rule of 3 inches to 20 gallons based on the amount of waste required to sustain them?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back