*possibly* 40-50 gallon lionfish and eel tank

NotFishyFishGuy

There’s a reason I’m broke now...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So still very early in the planning stages but i thought, “why not start a build thread already so that other people can help” which is why this is here. Just a quick note, this tank may never become a reality as i dont have the tank , space, or even the money for it right now, though i am savin up lol. So basically, I’ve kept saltwater tanks before and if i do get this tank i want it to be sort of unique. Instead of the normal clownfish, damsels, tangs, etc., i want to get something sort of special, though i have nothing against the normal fish :). I’m thinking of sort of “predator fish” but for a small tank thats at most 50 gallon display, they would have to be sort of small. I’m thinking dwarf fuzzy lion, some type of smaller eel like maybe a snowflake or a golden moray, a small puffer (Valentini maybe), and like a pair of clownfish. The clownfish is more of a maybe, I’ve just always wanted to keep a pair as my old tanks only had one.

So i kind of want to make this more of a reef tank with corals and everything but I’m not the best coral keeper lol. Maybe someone can give me some reminders on keeping them ;) (lighting would probably be like a single ai prime hd)

The tank i am leaning towards getting is the Red Sea XL 200 which is a 42 gallon display. Ill also be moving an apex unit onto this tank.

That’s it for now :)

OP
OP
NotFishyFishGuy

NotFishyFishGuy

There’s a reason I’m broke now...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok new update, upon further thought, maybe a lionfish wouldn’t be the best idea, they are venomous after all, and with my luck, ill be the one guy who gets stung and gets sent to the hospital lol.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back