Post, comment, read, digest all photography tips here.

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All your photos are dull and grainy but so are a lot of mine. I wouldn't be too quick to blame it on the camera. Plan each shot you take and keep retaking the same shot until you get it right before going on to the next shot. Reefers are always in a hurry. Plan no more than 2 photo sessions a day and shoot no more than 4 photos per session until you start improving, then increase. I've heard of a photographer planning a single shot for a whole week. Prepare your shots and get to know your camera.

Your turn.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
shoot and shoot and shoot and shoot. make lots of mistakes, learn from them and shoot some more. make more mistakes, figure out what your doing wrong, ask for advice and shoot and shoot and shoot.
ive worked on shoots where it was planned for weeks, we made mistakes figured it out(laughed cuz were highly paid) and then.....shot and shot.
dont be upset by mistakes. you never see pro's mistakes, they dont publish them. unless your a fanatic and you look at stuff like these.
https://www.google.com/search?q=mar...X&ved=0ahUKEwjBtuLWv4TLAhVGeSYKHclnCE8QsAQIHg
you can see his progression.
and no. dont be in a hurry.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 87 45.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 85 44.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 18 9.5%
Back