Post up Pictures of your Favorite Colony!

Dre59

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some pictures of mine.. Not sure on the names

DSC07840_edited-1.jpg

DSC07838_edited-1.jpg

DSC07834_edited-1.jpg

Dave3112

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen numerous threads were individuals post of pictures of their favorite single polyp or their most expensive single polyp, and I've contributed to a number of those as well. And of course we always have the "Eye Candy" thread, but I also really enjoy the look of a tank with large zoa colonies grown out. I currently have several in my tank that are spreading out quite nicely with dozens of polyps; Copper Rings, Tubb's Blue, a mixed colony of Pink Panthers and Mint Chocolate Chip, and a paly colony. I'll post up some pictures here in a bit, but in the mean time, lets see your pictures of your favorite colony or colonies (must be over two dozen polyps in the picture).

Lets try to stick to grown in colony shots with 2 dozen or so polyps, NO frag plugs, frag discs, or egg crate showing PLEASE. Plug shots can go in the eye candy thread (here: https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/zoa-discussion-club-zoa/11-eye-candy-zoas-palys.html), lets try and keep this one to the grown in colony look. Also, please avoid references to trading or selling in the thread. Thanks all, now lets see some colonies!

Here are the guidelines for pics in this thread. Thank you!

Hannan1313

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my favorite Colony. I received these as a gift from my wife on my 30th birthday last year and there were only about 8 polyps in the colony. They have been doing great. (I'm talking about the blue ones on the left) Not that I don't like the orange ones too, but the blue ones were even too rich for my blood and it was an awesome gift from my wife, as she had never bought anything for the tank before and these made my day!!!
IMG_1663.jpg

IMG_1663.jpg

NanoNathan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My biggest and fav. Eagle eyes :)

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1336672966299.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1336672966299.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 605

KoralKeith

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look great against that black sand.
Yeah black sand looks amazing I don't know why more people don't use it. I remember visiting a local reefers house he used black sand and sitting on it was a ton of different zoas and chalices. My god it looked super sweet his Oregon mummy eye just smacks u across the face. To bad I'm a bare bottom guy

OP
OP
Wy Renegade

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome colonies everyone! Time for some updates.

JDavis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wife: "All you do is buy fish stuff! When's the last time you bought me flowers?"
Me: "These are prettier than flowers and will last forever... wouldn't you like some of these?"
Wife: "Wow... when can you get them!!?!"

and she dosen't even reef!

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wife: "All you do is buy fish stuff! When's the last time you bought me flowers?"
Me: "These are prettier than flowers and will last forever... wouldn't you like some of these?"
Wife: "Wow... when can you get them!!?!"

and she dosen't even reef!

If my wife wasn't into it i would have a 10 gal goldfish tank. I go to lfs alone and spend $40, i go with her i spend $200 lol

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 109 43.8%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 83 33.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 40 16.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 13 5.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.6%
Back