Post up Pictures of your Favorite Colony!

OP
OP
Wy Renegade

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I cleaned this up a bit. No offense to anyone, but I moved several of the frag shots over to the Eye Candy thread, and deleted a couple of my own posts reminding everyone of the look we are going for in this thread. I also edited the 1st post to make the purpose a little more clear. Brian thanks for the suggestion.

OP
OP
Wy Renegade

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
id love to see the pink panthers and the mint chocolate chips together.

Couple shots;

PinkPantherandMintChocholateChipzoa.jpg

PinkPantherandMintChocholateChip-1.jpg

And the Tub's as well;
TubsBlueNLPEandWWzoas8March10.jpg

bumpkin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bumpkin's colony shots II

051.JPG

that should answer one of your ?s renegade.....there are a couple of sick morphs in there I cant get a good shot of

068.JPG
068.JPG

078.JPG

073.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

River_Styx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kind of off topic but I noticed that a lot of the zoa colonies are growing next to/against paly colonies. I was reading on another forum that palys would basically wipe out zoas to expand their colonies. Is this not always the case? Can they inter-mingle?

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not the greatest picture but it grabs most of my colonies - CARs on the left, Tubs below them on the sand, Whammin Watermelons on the right and Bam Bams far right.
34115x.jpg

OP
OP
Wy Renegade

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kind of off topic but I noticed that a lot of the zoa colonies are growing next to/against paly colonies. I was reading on another forum that palys would basically wipe out zoas to expand their colonies. Is this not always the case? Can they inter-mingle?

RS, it depends largely on the growth rate of both types of polyps. If the palys are a fast grower, they will quickly overtake and wipe out the zoas. If growth rate is about equal, they can coexist for a long time.

Current pic of my purple Zoo's (actual colony is much larger - better part of a foot and a half long and nearly as tall)

IMG_1136.jpg

Awesome first post. Welcome to R2R, hope to see you around more.

bjcooper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, hardy little buggers and they are pushing out those pesky mushrooms. The tank is about 10 years old or so and has had some hard knocks. Moved it from Oklahoma to Texas a number of years ago and it has just struggled. Every time I would get things going well, another piece of hardware would fail and set me back. But things are looking up. I've finally got it back to a stable configuration and will update the lighting in a month. I should post a pic of it in its glory days, was pretty good.

Akwarius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh those are red hornets? I've just been trimming the colony and throwing them in the garbage. :)

Runner

Grandmaster Sparky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I no longer have this tank setup anymore, but this was my favorite colony ever. It grew fast and had many different looks depending on the light and flow. Not show is a few hundred more polyps in the rocks behind this big rock.

EvilMelNov2007.jpg

It all started withh 5 polyps that grew into this frag and then spread around the tank (sometimes with some help from the knife and super glue gel).

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back