Post Zoanthid Colony Love Here!!

Same. I have seen a lot of variations as well. I was going by an ID guide that basically led me to believe they are Palythoa mutuki. I am not 100% sure. Thanks again.

Have you ever seen super long tentacle zoas/palys? I have these as well. I really like them.
WOW! Not sure what those are! Someone on this site may know.
 
20230615_151021.jpg

Some of the zoas I was growing out for the new set up.
 
How could I leave out my palythoa’s
 

Attachments

  • 050C88FD-64DA-44CC-8851-0598319B9152.jpeg
    050C88FD-64DA-44CC-8851-0598319B9152.jpeg
    237.3 KB · Views: 89
  • E98BF0A5-3306-4E7B-A4A7-0BBECA3B9548.jpeg
    E98BF0A5-3306-4E7B-A4A7-0BBECA3B9548.jpeg
    261.1 KB · Views: 95
Love Zoas but unfortunately it seems my foxface has developed a taste for them so now I don't get to have any :(

So many beautiful colour combinations though.
 
My tank is still fairly young so I don't have any massive colonies yet. However, I do have a few hundred Awesome Blossoms growing in my display tank. I bought them as a 2 polyp frag in the classifieds here back in 2021. I've since sold a few hundred polyps, have an additional colony that's a few hundred polyps growing in my frag tank, and currently have multiple frags that range from 15ish to 30+ polyps. It's a pretty good grower for me, lol. My most prolific morph, by far.

I'd imagine that the colony in my display tank would be much larger had I put them in there sooner. Iirc, I started that colony with a 10ish polyp frag about 6 or so months ago (my main colony has always been kept in my frag tank). If I get home from work before the lights are off tomorrow I'll get a couple pictures.
 
I kill back some of the more aggressive ones from time to time. Kinda fun. Feels like gardening for sure.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1260.jpeg
    IMG_1260.jpeg
    252.8 KB · Views: 70

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new