Potential Snoutrot on Pipefish. Any advice?

I actually didn't know that. Maybe once I move I'll set up a tank just for this little guy (and some friends) that I can keep at a slightly lower temp. Right now my main tank is around 78.
 
It's been a week now of medication (following the instructions on the package) and he seems to be doing much better. The red under the snout is now pinkish and is isolated to just the lower part of his snout, and is only visible when you look at him from a lower angle. Looking at pictures of Dragonface Pipefish, that coloration seems fairly normal. It's definitely not covering his whole snout now so I'm going to try removing him from the QT and reintroduce him to the main tank. Just gotta bring the water temp back up and re-acclamate a tad (I'm sure there's hardly any tank water left in that QT after all the water changes).

If I see the color spreading again or notice a change in his appetite, I'll report back.

Thank you both so much for all the support and sympathy. And Mushu thanks you for saving his life :)
 
That's great news! Good luck!!

Dragon faces absolutely have a notable pink color to the underside of their snout.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 16 21.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 9.3%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 10 13.3%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 9 12.0%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 12 16.0%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 26.7%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new