Powder blue tang

joo

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 16, 2026
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi , I have a medium tank and am willing to upgrade in the next few years. 120cm x60cm x60cm
I currently have a scopas tang (which if needed I will get of) and purple tang and foxface .i also have some other fish but they’re small and peaceful. I really want to get a small powder blue tang , what do u think can my tank hold it for few years ?

I have qt tanks ready + my display tank has uv sterilizer .
 
Thats 48x24x24" for us in the states. No way I would add a purple tang much less a powder blue. Two years ago I moved out of a 180g 72x24x24" tank into a 330g. 84x30x25" tank because I felt the tangs needed more room. I've not kept a powder long term but they are very active swimmers and can be aggressive. I've had my purple for 9 years and there's no way it would be fine in a 4ft tank.
I know you say your willing to upgrade so I would wait until that happens then add the fish that will outgrow your current tank. Often life gets in the way and upgrades don't happen and the fish pay the price. I'm a firm believer in stocking for the size tank you have not one you plan to have.

This guy can swim the length of the 7ft tank in the blink of an eye.
image.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new