Power head / happy fish

Duggie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe one of you older guys have experienced what I've just gone through, and can tell me the "why"
I have a 55 gal tank. Been having little over a year. Live Rock and dead coral. Got an orange Clownfish, Striped Damsel ( my first cycled tank fish) I just couldn't get rid of him. He's fat and healthy . Coral Beauty, Psychedelic Golby , Filefish, emerald crab, 3 little Hermit Crabs and Cleaner Shrimp.
So I posted a question one day about my Filefish. Looked like he was constantly rubbing up against the glass, like trying to get out, I posted asked why. Got a few answers. They swim diff from other fish. Left it alone but still annoying. So here's the what.. I decided to add a power head the other day, just to have more flow in the tank see what if anything would happen, and get this. The Filefish started acting normal. Just swimming around like the other. what the heck? Was I lacking H2O? My other fish would rub up against the glass, , but only once in a while. Any thoughts guys? For the Why?

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe one of you older guys have experienced what I've just gone through, and can tell me the "why"
I have a 55 gal tank. Been having little over a year. Live Rock and dead coral. Got an orange Clownfish, Striped Damsel ( my first cycled tank fish) I just couldn't get rid of him. He's fat and healthy . Coral Beauty, Psychedelic Golby , Filefish, emerald crab, 3 little Hermit Crabs and Cleaner Shrimp.
So I posted a question one day about my Filefish. Looked like he was constantly rubbing up against the glass, like tryi
How many powerheads do you have? I have a 75 so same dimensions I assume, I have a wavemaker on each side which alternates every day. Left side one day, right side the next and so on. My filefish loves the wavemakers, he will swim into the flow going one way and will bend himself like a sail and go with the flow the other way sometimes bumping into other fish. He is so comical, eats everything I put into the tank. When I put nori on the glass he quickly goes for it sometimes pushing the YT out the way, they both share without fighting.

OP
OP
Duggie

Duggie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many powerheads do you have? I have a 75 so same dimensions I assume, I have a wavemaker on each side which alternates every day. Left side one day, right side the next and so on. My filefish loves the wavemakers, he will swim into the flow going one way and will bend himself like a sail and go with the flow the other way sometimes bumping into other fish. He is so comical, eats everything I put into the tank. When I put nori on the glass he quickly goes for it sometimes pushing the YT out the way, they both share without fighting.
I have two heads, my tanks a 55 gal. That filefish can eat lol. Him and my clown are the only ones that play in the current flow. The Coral Beauty seems to like to play around the rocks, finding holes to go through. The Damsel stays mostly protecting his spot lol S

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back