Power Outage Tripped GFI and Now Apex is not Controlling Anything

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

BigJim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
High winds have had my lights flickering most of the day. One of the times tripped my GFI for my tank. My Apex is on with a green light and the ethernet port is green and yellow a sit should be. However, the 1Link has no indicator light and the EB8s are flashing orange. My return pump, Tunze ATO and GHL Doser are working through the EB8 but they are just set up to turn on or off. Nothing else is working (lights, WAVs, heaters). I plugged the heaters into a power strip but I don't know what to do for the rest. I backed up my settings and updated the firmware, but that did not help. I submitted something to Neptune but I was hoping to see if anyone here has any ideas. Any help is appreciated.

OP
OP
BigJim

BigJim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Classic or new Apex? Do you have the display? Can you connect to the local web site for your Apex? The local Apex web site should tell you if the Apex controller is seeing all of your modules. Personally, I'd try unplugging and plugging all USB cables.

I did unplug everything and plugged it back in. They said it may be in bootloader mode. I just realized my new laptop does not have an ethernet port so I will need to get an adapter tomorrow morning. I have re-routed everything so I should be okay. Thanks for the advice.

jakeh22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
High winds have had my lights flickering most of the day. One of the times tripped my GFI for my tank. My Apex is on with a green light and the ethernet port is green and yellow a sit should be. However, the 1Link has no indicator light and the EB8s are flashing orange. My return pump, Tunze ATO and GHL Doser are working through the EB8 but they are just set up to turn on or off. Nothing else is working (lights, WAVs, heaters). I plugged the heaters into a power strip but I don't know what to do for the rest. I backed up my settings and updated the firmware, but that did not help. I submitted something to Neptune but I was hoping to see if anyone here has any ideas. Any help is appreciated.

Mine did the same thing it will eventually reboot if you run the diagnostic on the app. Mine wasn’t online but was functioning properly lights on pumps on everything but no relay back to the controller. It worked it’s self out

OP
OP
BigJim

BigJim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They sent me a process that resolved everything but the WAVs. Apex Fusion says they are missing.

OP
OP
BigJim

BigJim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They sent me a process that resolved everything but the WAVs. Apex Fusion says they are missing.
It works when I plug in my newest WAV only. The classic dashboard says the other two need a firmware update but when I select Upgrade Firmware and click Submit Module Change it just takes me back to the dashboard without running anything.

jakeh22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been noticing it kept going in and out so I rebooted all my electronics that seemed to do the trick. They need to make it Bluetooth so you can still run apex while offline major ke

Reefer Deez

Reef junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s kind of odd. I would try a reboot.

Yes bend it and stick it. That always does the trick for me. I was stuck just like you for 2 days and that was the only thing that worked. Good luck

Akersta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW....my most recent Apex issue was another total system outage with a purple indicator light. I could not get the system to reboot using the button or removing 12 volt power and usb connection at the head unit to cycle power. Several hours later I unplugged the 12 volt power supply at the wall to confirm it had the correct amperage. Upon plugging it back into my wall outlet my Apex rebooted and has been working fine since then. Perhaps it was just a coincidence but you might try it if all else fails.

OP
OP
BigJim

BigJim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the replies. They we're able to help me out. The Apex was in boot loader mode and I had to follow some steps to get it to reboot.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 61 40.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 43 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back