Power Outage (Blessed is the tank Deity!)

Big Mistake

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Creatures of the tank live in the Front Range of Colorado and Xcel Energy de-energized their circuits due to high winds for 27 hours.

At first the tank Deity decided, if creatures of the tank survived the asteroid that finished the dinosaurs, they can survive a day or two without heat, light, or circulation.

And if not, death is a natural process. Though the circulation pump did go on an old UPS.

But the tank Deity did not want its ice-cream to melt, so it went to The Lowe's, and they actually had LOTs of generators in stock!

A true miracle!

The tank Deity did not expect to find a gasoline powered generator 3 hours into an up to 2-day outage. A greater spirit blessed all.

Tank creatures lived off those dead dinosaurs for 22 hours. ;) As did the tank Deity.

So, even the red flatworms survived.

All now have a great distrust of the greater deities that supply all the manna from heaven.

Even Deities have to live and learn, to do otherwise would be a ...

- Big Mistake

PS This whole fiasco is over a decade in the making - when the people who purchased lots of open space decided that land could not be ranched any longer due to cow methane, removed the cattle, let it go natural, resulting in the Marshall fire, and now the cows are back with their calves like it was for over 100 years. We are doomed, the creatures of the tank will inherit the Earth. I have recently started supporting the USG ... we are truly doomed. It is truly a wild story, from all the neighbors with solar that sat in the dark (no Telsa Powerwalls) to my "Archie Bunker" neighbors that had a generator to the fact two streets over had power the entire time. Excel had bluffed about two weeks before that confused the tank Deity. What got our lights on was we are on a distribution that powers traffic lights on a major commuter road which would have been a Monday morning catastrophe, in fact it already was.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 89 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 14 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back