Power outage what to do?

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or buy/borrow a generator. Some flow is normally all you need. But idk where you're located, no lights or heaters could be a issue

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I c
Or buy/borrow a generator. Some flow is normally all you need. But idk where you're located, no lights or heaters could be a issue
My heater is innovative marine 1000w. If i buy an electric generator 2000w. Would that work? Or it would consume the battery pretty fast

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 6 hoirs power outage monday. And i start my new job monday. I only have the ecotech battery backup. My basement is not heated. Not sure what to do? Would the wave maker on the backup battery enough?
What is the ambient temperature in your basement? What size is the tank? What livestock is in the tank?

Generally speaking, a tank getting slightly cooler than normal is better than it getting too hot... As was already suggested, if you can wrap a blanket - or even a sleeping bag - around the tank, this will help a lot. When Texas had the bad freeze a few years ago, I was without power for several hours and with the glass lids on the tank and a sleeping bag wrapped around it, the tank temp only dropped to 76.

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH BULLIES IN YOUR TANK?

• I place the offender in an acclimation box for a period of time (jail).

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • I remove the offender entirely and reintroduce them at a later time (rehab).

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I use the mirror method (a little reverse psychology).

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • I rearrange rock work (throw them off).

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • I don't tolerate bullies. Bye bye fishy!

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • I've never dealt with a tank bully.

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • Other (please explain!)

Votes: 7 12.3%
Back