Power outages - battery operated pump

  • Thread starter Thread starter RaymondL
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

RaymondL

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 3, 2022
Messages
989
Reaction score
354
Location
Miami
What state or country do you live in
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We frequently get some power outages that last for hours, and was told that I MUST have some form of aeration, and was recommended to get some batter operated pumps + tubing and air stone.

I notice there are 2 types: built in battery, or using replaceable D cell batteries. The D cell alkaline battery makes more sense since don't have to worry about the built in battery variety having to recharge it and if it runs out of power, it's done....vs, can put in new D cell batteries.

Just wanted to hear what others have or think.

Thanks
 
I have Penn Plax battery operated backup pumps on both the display and the sump. Mine have electrical plugs that sense when the electricity has gone off and turn on automatically. They have worked perfectly for years. Even during a long outage they ran for 4 days which is way longer than I expected.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new