Power outages, CT, severe weather!

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope everyone and your tanks are up and running!!!
power issues.JPG

OP
OP
143MPCo

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a section of stockade fence down and a 100ft maple, UPS's are beeping with the power burps but ok otherwise this morning!

captc07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crazy winds last night in Bristol, fortunately we weathered the storm and no power outage!

Same in Union. Wind was crazy! I left the house at 4:30 this morning so have to wait till I get home to see if anything happened in the yard.

Brewman1987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We lost power for maybe 10 minutes last night, but lost about a hour of sleep cause the dang dog.....

tdyrkacz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started my tank in August. In November i bought a generator and got an electrician install the transfer switch... I've lived in this house for 10 years.... my wife thinks i only did it for the tank and not to protect the family...

I also bought the eco backup battery for the vortechs.

Gravityreefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started my tank in August. In November i bought a generator and got an electrician install the transfer switch... I've lived in this house for 10 years.... my wife thinks i only did it for the tank and not to protect the family...

I also bought the eco backup battery for the vortechs.
Lol..So which is it lol..we do crazy things to protect our tanks..

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And when you buy one it usually means you will never lose power again. LOL! Good insurance...
Too funny! That's exactly what we said eject we decided to buy a big generator right before that first big storm we had. Haven't needed it yet. I wonder if it will further ensure that we don't lose electricity if I actually take it out of the box.

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's funny ^ that has been my exact experience. Today the power went out, they must have shut it down for repairs, and after an hour I was thinking I'd go fire it up. Then the power came back on. I've had it for a couple of years and hadn't needed to use it.

Mike_J

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in Bloomfield and honestly I didn't even realize this storm had passed over during the night, I didn't hear a thing. Then again, AMBIEN® and I are best buds. :)

RWinfrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We lost power for over a day my generator paid for itself the first time my wife was in the shower and lost power.....we are building a new house and we have already picked out the new one for the house ....best investment evvvva

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And when you buy one it usually means you will never lose power again. LOL! Good insurance...

Not to jump in on a CT thread, and I'm sorry you folks had to go through this, but when I read this I had to laugh.

We went through two summers of hurricanes in 2004-2005. The last one we were about 10 days without power. I went and bought a generator after that. Oddly, it's still in the box. We call it our lucky generator - haven't had a significant storm since.

Luckily it was before my reefing days. Now in all likelyhood the reef will be the reason it eventually comes out of the box!!!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 95 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back