Power supply for 24” reef brite

Lilmatty5dimes

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know the specs for the reef brite power supply or have a link to buy one off Amazon or eBay? Seems pretty hard to find one. TIA

D27EDE88-A995-4EE9-80FC-9D478412D127.jpeg

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I buy generic power supplies all the time. Here's what you need to do....look at the labeling on the current power supply. Everything you need to know is right there. You need to match:

1. Voltage
2. Amps equal to or greater than current power supply.
3. Correct plug end
4. Plug end configured correct for positive and negative connections.

You can use ebay or amazon, but Jameco is another good source for power supplies

Jameco Website

OP
OP
Lilmatty5dimes

Lilmatty5dimes

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I buy generic power supplies all the time. Here's what you need to do....look at the labeling on the current power supply. Everything you need to know is right there. You need to match:

1. Voltage
2. Amps equal to or greater than current power supply.
3. Correct plug end
4. Plug end configured correct for positive and negative connections.

You can use ebay or amazon, but Jameco is another good source for power supplies

Jameco Website
That’s what I’m trying to find out. Lol I know a buddy gave me a power supply for an older mp10 and it worked just fine. I’m just not sure the Volts and amps.

redfishbluefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s what I’m trying to find out. Lol I know a buddy gave me a power supply for an older mp10 and it worked just fine. I’m just not sure the Volts and amps.

Again, take a look at the label on your current power supply. Here's an example label:

Power Supply Label.jpg

With this particular example the output is 15 volts and 4 amps. So I'd want a power supply that puts out 15 volts and at least 4 amps. It could be more amps, but want 4 as a minimum. Next I look at plug polarity, and in this example it's negative on the outside and positive on the inside. The one thing missing from this label is the jack/plug size. If that doesn't match, you could always cut your old one off and splice it in. If you do splice in the old jack, just make sure you match polarity of the plug (using a multimeter).

OP
OP
Lilmatty5dimes

Lilmatty5dimes

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again, take a look at the label on your current power supply. Here's an example label:

Power Supply Label.jpg

With this particular example the output is 15 volts and 4 amps. So I'd want a power supply that puts out 15 volts and at least 4 amps. It could be more amps, but want 4 as a minimum. Next I look at plug polarity, and in this example it's negative on the outside and positive on the inside. The one thing missing from this label is the jack/plug size. If that doesn't match, you could always cut your old one off and splice it in. If you do splice in the old jack, just make sure you match polarity of the plug (using a multimeter).
Thanks. Guess I didn’t/forgot to say that in the post but I don’t have the old power supply. I bought a few things from a guy at his house off marketplace and after getting home found out I didn’t grab the power. Lol he lives 90mins away so not worth the drive and I can find the post cause he deleted the item off after I bought it.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Power Supply Label.jpg

This was an extremely helpful post.

redfishbluefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was an extremely helpful post.

Just to be clear, this is NOT the label for your light. It was the first label that popped up on a google search to show you what the label looks like and what you're looking for on that label. I think we need someone who has that light to comment/post the label on their light fixture so you know what to order.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to be clear, this is NOT the label for your light. It was the first label that popped up on a google search to show you what the label looks like and what you're looking for on that label. I think we need someone who has that light to comment/post the label on their light fixture so you know what to order.
I'm not the OP, just wanted to give credit on a very informative post.

I have a few lights sitting around and other assorted devices I have either lost or damaged the power supplies to. This helps in replacing them so thanks.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 72 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 70 50.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 35 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.5%

Back