Power supply Reefbreeders Photon V2Pro 48"

  • Thread starter Thread starter sault
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

sault

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 24, 2026
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Springfield
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need a power supply for a ReefBreeders Photon 48 V2 Pro, but I'm trying to avoid spending $200 on a factory replacement. As far as I can tell, it doesn't use an external controller—just a DC power supply.

There isn't much information available online about these lights. I'm hoping someone who owns a Photon 48 V2 Pro can tell me the voltage, amperage, and connector type from the original power supply sticker. If possible, I'd also appreciate help identifying which of the two pins is positive (+) and negative (-).
 
I need a power supply for a ReefBreeders Photon 48 V2 Pro, but I'm trying to avoid spending $200 on a factory replacement. As far as I can tell, it doesn't use an external controller—just a DC power supply.

There isn't much information available online about these lights. I'm hoping someone who owns a Photon 48 V2 Pro can tell me the voltage, amperage, and connector type from the original power supply sticker. If possible, I'd also appreciate help identifying which of the two pins is positive (+) and negative (-).
Let's start here ..
Actual Wattage Draw – 240watts Max, 90-240V AC Input | 48V 5.2amp DC Power Supply
https://saltycritter.com/product/reef-breeders-photon-48-v2-pro-led-light/
IF confirmed and IF you can provide a safe environment this is with its over rated output would be good:
625.png


Plug and polarity is ? but *most* barrel jack types have center as positive
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20260604_151449_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20260604_151449_eBay.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 20

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 35.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 15.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new