Power wires cracking!!

Borchers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have noticed that the power wires going directly to the pump have small cracks in them showing the wiring inside. Is this a known issue with the pumps and is it under warranty. The pump is way less then a year old only a few months of use.

Carlos@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have noticed that the power wires going directly to the pump have small cracks in them showing the wiring inside. Is this a known issue with the pumps and is it under warranty. The pump is way less then a year old only a few months of use.

Please head over to www.coralvue.com/support and submit a ticket. One of the reps there will be able to help you.

nonstopfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This happened to mine as well after less than 6 months. Submitted a ticket and Maxspect took care of it. Sent a new motor side/cord. Good to go.

ShawnSaucier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've given up on this product. Went through two in a year. Both crapped out,even with monthly cleaning, had pretty much purchased three with all of the spare parts that were needed. When it worked it was fantastic. But never consistent, other than a consistently broken

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happened to mine too. Just contact Coralvue and they will send the replacement part. No questions asked really for me. I had pic too.

ShawnSaucier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tossed it all.. Tried customer service in the beginning. After the second unit went bad in its first three months, and constant replacing blades, I can't be bothered with sub-par manufacturing. I need equipment that is solid, and not a ton of excuses on why this or that won't work.

Derrick.Bailey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its takes them a bit to get around to responding at maxpect. ;)
lol
Not in my case! I contacted them with an issue on my Gyre controller and they were all over it. new piece in hand within three days. In my opinion, the customer service and product support is top notch. Perhaps the OP should have contacted the vendor before asking on a forum.

Carlos@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps the OP should have contacted the vendor before asking on a forum.

Bingo!!! Many people jump to conclusions and complain about the product before even giving us a fair chance. All any product manufacturer asks from the consumer is that if they got a product that does not work, give us a chance to rectify the issue BEFORE you go off on a social media review spree!

OP
OP
Borchers

Borchers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I forgot about this thread. All was made perfect. I ended up down sizing and went to two MP10QD but wanted to try the 130 on my new Refugium build soon.

Derrick.Bailey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I forgot about this thread. All was made perfect. I ended up down sizing and went to two MP10QD but wanted to try the 130 on my new Refugium build soon.
Glad it's working out! I'm using a 150 vertically in my 60 cube but it's dialed way back compared to using it my old 180.

Jlobes

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not in my case! I contacted them with an issue on my Gyre controller and they were all over it. new piece in hand within three days. In my opinion, the customer service and product support is top notch. Perhaps the OP should have contacted the vendor before asking on a forum.

mot comment was based on the fact the the OP posted this OVER a year ago....

Derrick.Bailey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mot comment was based on the fact the the OP posted this OVER a year ago....
Yep, should have looked. You're absolutely correct. I often see crazy things on the Porsche forums and photography as well where the consumer results to forums rather than the vender first. In my experience, the vender is your first contact. I'm sure they want to know of issues and have the opportunity to wow their clientel regarding their products before things go more public. My Wife is a swim suit designer and I often help with the random issues and quality control. We absolutely appreciate our supporters as I'm sure the bigger venders here do as well. Although they are big, this is still a relatively micro market in terms of hobbiest. I unknowingly spoke out of turn.

Jlobes

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
totally agree!! i always say the same thing, if ya got a problem...give em a call, text, email before putting on blast!! cant correct or take care of a problem, if you dont know it exists!

Ive had a few random issues in the past, and upon contacting the mfg, all was taken care of...no issues.

WilRams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After all this what pump were we talking about? I have a 130 in one of my tanks and just want to know if theres something to keep an eye on..

nonstopfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
150 for mine above. Mine was bought right when they were released. My guess is this issue has been corrected since on a manufacturing level.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 42.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back